Sticky Chipotle Wings
I made these for a game-day party, and no one had any idea that they were baked instead of fried. They polished off more than I thought was physically possible! - Tara
- 2 chipotle peppers, chopped (from a 7-oz. can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a 7-oz. can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 pounds party wings, or 2 pounds chicken wings, drumstick and wing tips separated
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, honey, barbecue sauce, soy sauce and paprika. Pour 3/4 cup of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken wings and toss to coat. Refrigerate the wings for 1 hour (or overnight, if desired). Reserve remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the wings in a single layer in a 4 quart temp-tations® dish. Discard the bag.
- Roast wings for 40 minutes. Remove wings from oven, flip over, and brush with remaining marinade. Return wings to oven and continue roasting until they are slightly charred on top, 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired, and serve immediately.