Red Eye Brownie Pudding Pie
This one will definitely cure your chocolate craving, and I've added a secret ingredient that makes this pudding pie unique and moist - instant espresso powder! Yum. - Tara
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (8 ounces)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar for garnish, optional
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip for garnish, optional
- Chocolate curls or shavings for garnish, optional (see how-to below, in Tara's Tidbits™)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray an 9-inch temp-tations® pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt together; set aside.
- Fill a medium pot with about 1-inch of water and bring to a gentle simmer on the stove. In a separate medium bowl placed over the pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate, espresso powder and butter together, stirring to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large bowl, whisk the lightly beaten eggs with both sugars and the vanilla extract. Then whisk the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the flour mixture and walnuts into the chocolate mixture. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into the prepared dish. Bake until a toothpick inserted near the edge of the pie (not the middle, which should remain a bit pudding-like) comes out with moist crumbs, about 50-60 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes.