Potato Salad with Green Beans and Asparagus
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red onion, mince
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 handful walnuts
- Slice potatoes in half and place in a large pot. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Turn down heat to a slow boil and cook for 12 - 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Trim green bean ends and discard. Cut beans in half. Set aside.
- Cut off ends of asparagus and discard. Slice asparagus into pieces that are the same length as the green beans. Set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, bring another large pot of water to a boil. Once it's boiling add the green beans and asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Prepare an ice bath (large bowl with half ice and half water). When the green beans and asparagus are ready, drain in a colander and then pour directly into the ice bath. Let them site in the ice bath until completely cool. Remove from ice and put back in the colander to drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic and black pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in your 1 quart temp-tations® bowl. Add half of the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Add green beans, asparagus, red onion, parsley, and walnuts to potatoes. Toss with remaining vinaigrette and serve.
Tell us what you think!