Peppermint Crunch Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- red and green paste food coloring
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half; tint one portion red and the other green. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1 1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased temp-tations® 13 x 9 inch Lid-Its®. Bake 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip half of each cookie into melted candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!
Tell us what you think!