Our Family’s Famous Peach-Almond Cobbler
I'm a sucker for the classics. If you live in the South and manage to go an entire summer without eating a gallon of this, then you obviously have my sympathy. Peach Cobbler is considered a southern classic. But almond has this way of captivating my taste buds. My entire family is addicted to this one. - Tara
- 3 (10-ounce) bags frozen peaches, thawed (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the peaches, 1/4 cup sugar, almond extract, and cornstarch into a 2.5-quart temp-tations® dish or temp-tations® bundt pan, and toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use your hands to work the butter into the dry ingredients until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir the milk into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Remove peach mixture from the oven. Drop spoonfuls of the batter over the peach mixture and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until the top is golden. Serve immediately.