My Mac and Cheese
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices American cheese
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add butter and flour to a sauce pot over medium-high heat, stirring the paste constantly until simmering. Cook, stirring for 3-5 minutes, until the paste turns slightly more golden in color.
- Add yellow mustard, milk, onion, paprika, and salt, and whisk constantly to combine until simmering. Once simmering, lower heat just enough to hold the simmer. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the Cheddar cheese and all of the American cheese, a little at a time until combined.
- Add cooked pasta to a 2.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish and cover with cheese sauce. Top all with remaining ½ cup of Cheddar cheese, and then top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Tell us what you think!