My mother always makes fresh guacamole for parties, and it's a relatively inexpensive, hearty appetizer that's always appreciated more than just plain chips and dip. Why buy the pre-made stuff in a jar when you can quickly mix up your own that's prettier and tastier? - Tara
- 3 Haas avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed or minced
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 small lime
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Slice avocados in half, rotating around the pit with your knife. Scoop out pits and discard.
- Using a large spoon, scoop all avocados from their skin and place in a 1-quart temp-tations® mixing bowl.
- Cover avocados in bowl with lime juice and remaining ingredients, and use a heavy spoon (or an ice cream scooper) to mash everything together, forming a thick and chunky dip.
- Serve right in the temp-tations® mixing bowl, garnished with fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve alongside tortilla chips, pita chips and fresh veggies.