Mexican Style Gazpacho
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 seedless cucumbers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Cubanelle or Italian Frying peppers
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 baguette
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and finely diced
- 1 plum tomato seeded and diced
- Olive oil
- 7 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Quarter & seed tomatoes.
- Halve cucumber lengthwise and chop coarsely.
- In a blender or food processer, process tomatoes, cucumbers and Cubanella or Italian peppers, water & onions in batches to your desired consistency. Transfer into large bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil and lemon juice. Salt & pepper to taste. Chill 1 hour.
- For the crostini, slice small baguette into 1/2 inch slices and toast lightly. Spread goat cheese on toasted slices, top w/diced plum tomato & jalapeño. Drizzle w/ olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Tell us what you think!