Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 6 slices bacon
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 cups milk
- 8 small red potatoes, diced
- 2 green onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until crispy, about 10 minutes. Lay on paper towels to drain. Once the bacon is cool dice it into small pieces. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until slightly thickened.
- Slowly whisk in milk, whisking constantly for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 ½ cups of cheese and all of the sour cream. Pour into your temp-tations 4-quart soup tureen.
- Sprinkle bacon and remaining cheese on top. Serve warm.
Tell us what you think!