JD’s Fried Chicken Fingers
My nephew, John David, helps me make these. He loves chicken nuggets, so we make them and bake them to look just like the ones you get from the drive-through, only healthier! These are the crispiest chicken fingers ever, and you can’t tell the difference between these vs. fried.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch fingers
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a temptations® 4-quart dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour flour onto a shallow plate. In another shallow dish, beat eggs.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper on a third shallow plate.
- Coat each piece of chicken with flour, then dip into egg mixture, letting excess drip off, then coat with breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared dish.
- Spray canola oil evenly over chicken and bake until chicken fingers are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with honey mustard on the side.