Homemade Snickers® Bars
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 11 ounces wrapped caramels
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Line an 11" x 7" temp-tations® baker with parchment paper leaving a little to hang over both long ends for easy lifting later and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Microwave for a few more seconds if needed.
- Pour into prepared baker and spread evenly across the bottom. Place in freezer for 3 minutes to harden.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl place marshmallow fluff, 4 tablespoons of peanut butter and powdered sugar. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir until a soft dough forms. Remove dough from bowl and press with fingers on top of chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top, gently pressing them into the dough.
- Unwrap the caramels and place in a small saucepan with the heavy cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted. Immediately pour over peanuts, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until set.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining cup of chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter. Pour over caramel layer, spreading evenly.
- Place baker in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. Run a sharp knife along the two short sides and lift the bars out of the baker with the parchment paper handles. Cut into bars and serve.
Tell us what you think!