Green Bean Casserole
This recipe for Green Bean Casserole does away with the boring canned mushroom soup, for a fresh taste that you'll want to whip up on more than just the holidays! - Tara
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can French fried onions
- 1 (24-oz.) bag whole frozen green beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together butter and flour. Once melted and combined, cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture is a light brown color. Whisk in milk. Raise heat to medium-high, bring to a simmer, and cook an additional 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in sour cream, mushrooms, bay leaf, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1/3 of the fried onions.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture across the bottom of a 2-quart temp-tations® baking dish. Cover with green beans and then remaining sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Top with remaining fried onions and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.