Grandma Maria’s Sausage and Potato Casserole
The memory of walking into Grandma Maria's home on a snowy afternoon after a long day reminds me of this wonderfully hearty casserole.
- 12 ounces chicken apple sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 12 ounces small red new potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sausage, potatoes and Brussels sprouts in a 4-quart temp-tations® baker.
- Add the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and thyme; toss to coat evenly.
- Roast, tossing once halfway through cooking, until the potatoes are fork tender and browned in parts, about 50-60 minutes. Serve immediately.