Festive Shortbread Bites
- 1 cup butter, cold
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Line a temp-tations® 13x9 baker with parchment paper so that at least 1-inch hangs over all sides. This will make for easy lifting later. Spray parchment with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend until light and fluffy.
- Slowly blend in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Add in flour and blend on low just until combined.
- Mix in sprinkles and press dough in an even layer into your baker.
- Cover baker and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove baker from refrigerator. Lift dough out using parchment paper handles. Set on a cutting board. Cut dough into 1/2-inch squares and place on an ungreased cookie sheet 1/2-inch apart. Discard parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set on a wire rack to cool. Store in an air-tight container.
Tell us what you think!