Easy Cheesy Zucchini
This is the kind of dish that shows just how little you need to do to turn fresh zucchini and squash into something delicious. It's a wonderful summertime recipe for backyard parties and get-togethers. - Tara
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, or to taste
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese (such as a mixture of mozzarella, provolone, romano and parmesan)
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8" x 8" temp-tations® square baker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a temp-tations® bowl, combine the zucchini, squash, basil, green onions, thyme, garlic powder, and shredded Italian cheese. Stir together until the veggies are coated and the herbs are distributed. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put mixture into baker, and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
- When vegetables are nearly cooked through, take the baker out of the oven and sprinkle the grated parmesan over the top. Put baker back in oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and nicely browned. Serve hot.