Double-Berry French Toast Casserole
- 6 ounce raspberries
- 16 ounce strawberries
- 3 tablespoon sugar (for berries)
- 3 tablespoon sugar (for french toast batter)
- 10 ounce cream cheese; softened
- 1 loaf french bread; cut diagonally
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs; beaten
- Garnish with maple syrup, raspberries, strawberries, and whipped cream
- Combine strawberries, raspberries, and 3 tablespoons of sugar in medium bowl and stir until evenly coated. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Strain berry liquid into small bowl and reserve the berries.
- Add softened cream cheese into berry liquid and stir until combined.
- Spread berry cream cheese mixture evenly over french bread slices and place mixture side up in a temp-tations 13x9 baker.
- Sprinkle set-aside berries over the mixture and then top with remaining french bread slices.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, eggs and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Pour milk mixture evenly over bread slices.
- Cover casserole with foil and refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream, fresh berries and maple syrup.
Tell us what you think!