Deana & Luna’s Chocolate Tres Leches
LOVE this quick and easy super-moist recipe. It is so easy to make, my friend Deana’s daughter, Luna, makes it for her mom all by herself (except for the oven and mixer, of course)! The kids always love to pitch in and help decorate this chocolate cake. It can serve a large party, or just my family…they always ask for seconds! - Tara
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for dish
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Chocolate sauce and chocolate curls, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 4-quart rectangular temp-tations® dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla on high until thick, about 4 minutes. With mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture and beat to combine. Gently mix in the melted butter until incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared dish and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate milk until combined. Poke the warm cake all over with a fork or toothpick and pour the milk mixture over the top. Let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the cream on medium-high until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Top the cake with the whipped cream, chocolate sauce and chocolate curls, if desired.