These crystallized cranberries make wonderfully edible holiday decorations that you can place in small dishes around your house. I love how they do double duty as a decorative item and a yummy treat! - Tara
- 2 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, washed and picked through
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water. Simmer over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool until just slightly warm.
- Add cranberries to the sugar mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain cranberries and spread on a baking sheet. Slowly sprinkle the remaining sugar over cranberries, a little at a time, shaking the pan to coat. (You may not need the entire 3/4 cup sugar.)
- Allow to air dry for at least 1 hour. Place in small temp-tations® bowls around the house, or on your holiday table. Serve for up to 1 week.