Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
With an abundance of chocolate chips and sour cream to keep it extra moist, this pound cake is a simple and foolproof dessert that you can get in the oven in only minutes (it takes a little big longer from there)! It's even better when you top it with the easy icing recipe in my tip below. - Tara
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 1.7-quart temp-tations® loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer, whisk butter and sugar until well combined and fluffy. Beat in eggs and sour cream a little at a time.
- Slowly fold vanilla extract, baking powder, and flour into the mixture to create a batter.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and top with chocolate chips. Gently stir chocolate chips into the batter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 45 minutes, or until cake is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely before serving.