Cheese and Scallion Quick Bread
An easy, savory favorite that’s delicious at breakfast, lunch or dinner, this Cheese and Scallion Quick Bread will rival your best biscuits. - Tara
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 generous cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar, cut into very small cubes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a temp-tations® 1.7 quart loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and cayenne in a large temp-tations® mixing bowl.
- In another temp-tations® mixing bowl, whisk eggs for about 1 minute until foamy; then whisk in oil and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and using a wooden spoon, gently mix just until the dough comes together. Do not over mix.
- Fold in all of the cheese, scallions and walnuts. The mixture will be very thick.
- Turn batter into loaf pan, smoothing top with a spoon.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until golden brown, or until a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely.