Caramel Apple Tartine
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup canned dulce de leche
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unroll pie crust and press into temp-tations® 1.5 quart quiche dish.
- Combine butter, sugar, almond flour, eggs and vanilla in a temp-tations® bowl, and mix until smooth. Spread almond mixture evenly over the pie crust. Arrange sliced apples on top of almond mixture like petals on a flower.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 40 minutes. Gently remove tart from oven.
- In a small bowl, mix dulce de leche with cream until combined. If mixture is too thick, microwave for 30 seconds. Drizzle mixture on the top of the tart. Bake for another 10 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the almond filling is set and firm.
Tell us what you think!