Broccoli Cheddar Spread
Broccoli Cheddar Spread is a delicious hot appetizer to serve with pita chips, crackers or crostini. A welcome change from the classic spinach dip, you won’t believe how fast and easy it is to make, and how much everyone will love it.
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 envelope vegetable soup mix
- Pita chips or reduced-fat crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place broccoli and water in a 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until crisp- tender; drain. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, 1⁄2 cup cheese and soup mix. Gently stir in broccoli.
- Transfer to an ungreased temp-tations® 1-quart baker. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
NOTE: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!