- 1 (24-ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Press thawed hash browns into a strainer to remove excess moisture.
- Form the crust by spreading hash browns into the bottom of a temp-tations® 1.5-quart quiche dish. Using the bottom of a glass, firmly pack the hash browns into the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Brush crust with melted butter, making certain to brush the top edges. Bake for 25 minutes and remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Saute leeks in remaining butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Then spread leeks, cheeses, bacon and tomatoes evenly over bottom of crust. In another bowl, beat the half and half with the eggs, seasoned salt and nutmeg. Pour over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Tell us what you think!