Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
Our favorite American standby, the cheeseburger is now all dressed up and ready to be served! Baked into a delicious, flaky crust, you can add a capital "C" to the word comfort! Go back in time to your favorite soda shop by serving alongside thick cut steak fries and an iceberg lettuce wedge salad with your favorite dressing.
- 1 rolled 9 inch pie crust, room temperature
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices pre-cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll pie crust and place in a 1 quart temp-tations pie plate. Fold down and press top of crust into fluted edges of the pie plate.
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté ground beef, green bell pepper, and onion until meat is well browned. Remove from heat and drain thoroughly.
- Add tomato sauce, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to drained beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust, top with bacon, and then cover all with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the crust has browned nicely and the cheese is beginning to brown. Cool pie 10 minutes before cutting into 6 slices.