- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- Eggs and oil for cake mix
- 24 paper cupcake liners
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- 24 mini pretzel sticks
- 24 green gummy mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Line your temp-tations heart-shaped muffin pan with cupcake liners. If using one pan you will need to bake these in four batches.
- Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. As the cupcakes bake the liners will expand to form the shape of a heart. Set cupcakes aside to cool.
- Scoop frosting into a mixing bowl. Stir in a few drops of red food coloring, adding more as needed to reach a bright red color.
- Frost the top of each cooled cupcake. Insert a pretzel stick into the side, near the top where the hearts forms a "V". This will be the stem of the apple. Place a mint leaf near the stem. Enjoy.
Tell us what you think!