Apple and Spice Roasted Turkey Breast
This holiday bird is so easy that you may want to make it year round. The blend of fall spices and apples are a welcome change from the typical herb seasoned turkey and can bring a bit of the holidays to any day. - Tara
- 3 apples
- 1 (5- to 7-lb.) turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place turkey breast in a 3.5-qt. temp-tations® baking dish. Core and slice one of the apples into wedges. Stuff wedges into the turkey cavity.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except for brown sugar and water. Pour mixture over turkey breast, rubbing over all exposed skin. Bake uncovered for 90 minutes, tenting with tin foil if skin begins to over brown.
- Core and slice remaining 2 apples into wedges and add to baking dish. Combine brown sugar and water and spoon over turkey breast. Tent with tin foil and return dish to oven, baking 30-60 additional minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 185 degrees. Let turkey rest 10 minutes before carving.