At temp-tations®, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
- Collection of Information from Site Visitors. We collect information from visitors who place purchases online, post comments on our Facebook® page, submit recipes, request newsletters and email updates from temp-tations, and generally to provide any products or services requested by you, including in online forms, registration or membership forms, contest entries, surveys, e-mail, and other online avenues (including, without limitation, demographic and personal profile data). In order to utilize some features of the Site, you may have to pay a fee, and we may collect financial information provided by you at the time of your purchase, including credit card number and billing address, retained by us only in order to process your credit card payments to us. If you do not wish to provide such information to the Site, you will be unable to register and/or provide or obtain products or services in connection with the SiteIn addition, we may collect or track the home server domain names, date and time of your visit, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Site and aggregate and visitor-specific information regarding which pages a visitor accesses.
We may use Internet “cookies” or other code in order to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site. You may decline Internet cookies by using the appropriate feature of your Web browser software, if available. When a visitor performs a search within the Site, we may record information identifying that visitor or linking that visitor to the search performed and recording information related to the search request.
- Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by temp-tations may be used by us for many reasons, for example, for processing online orders, providing you with the best possible products, posting testimonials, posting on Facebook®, notifying you of special shopping offers, recipes, and cooking tips when requested, as well as for recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, marketing and promotional purposes, statistical analysis of visitors’ behavior, product development, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Your financial information submitted to the Site for purchases may be maintained and housed by us for the purpose of processing payments and conducting related transactions.Aggregate data on visitors’ home servers may be used for internal purposes, and individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to temp-tations may be added to temp-tations’ databases and used for future calls and mailings regarding Site updates, new products and services, and upcoming events. Please know that we may email you if you enter your email address during check out and then don’t complete your purchase, but only as a one-time reminder of your intent to purchase.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Personal information provided through the Site may be used and disclosed by us to other entities and/or business partners in the operation of the Site, in order to provide products and services requested by you as well as for marketing and promotional purposes. Aggregate data on visitors’ home servers and individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses and phone numbers, may be provided to third parties such as marketing firms. For example, at times, we share your physical mailing address with third parties to offer you products that might be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share your physical mailing address or other personal information with other companies, please follow the Opt-Out procedures below.Any personal information provided by you on general areas of the Site, such as Blog Comments, Testimonials and Recipes, may be read by us and/or other visitors, and could potentially be used by temp-tations and/or such third parties. Identifiable and non-identifiable visitor information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which temp-tations enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by temp-tations in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of temp-tations or any other person or entity.
We may use your IP address, cookies, and a record of any transactions you conduct on our Site or offline in order to deliver to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain web sites. This will not involve the use of personal information, such as your name, address or email. To learn more about the use of this information or choose not to have this information used by us and to opt out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here*. Note that if you delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
While temp-tations may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which temp-tations shares, rents, sells, or otherwise discloses personal information is under a contractual obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which temp-tations exercises no control. temp-tations is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
- Security Measures and Communicating with temp-tations. We have implemented physical, electronic and procedural security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. When you place an order, our secure server software (SSL) works to encrypt the information you’ve input before it is sent to us, including your name, address and credit card number. Despite our efforts to protect your personal information, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from temp-tations via this Site or via e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Instead of communicating with us via e-mail or the Internet, you can contact us by regular mail to: temp-tations® Customer Service, 180 Gordon Drive, Suite 102, Exton, PA 19341, or by phone at 1-800-442-8677.
- Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, we will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by us that has been voluntarily provided by you to temp-tations through online forms, purchases, registration forms, contest entries, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses or numbers above.Except as necessary to obtain the products, services, or information requested, you may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided to us through online forms, membership or registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenues, prospectively retained by us, used by us for secondary purposes, or disclosed by us to third parties, by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and including your name and physical address. You can also call us at 1-800-442-8677, or send regular mail to: temp-tations® Customer Service, 180 Gordon Drive, Suite 102, Exton, PA 19341. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the visitor to the Site or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description in this paragraph.
- Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you with the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please email your request to email@example.com or write to us at the address above.