- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 container vanilla icing
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your temp-tations® Texas Muffin Pan with large paper liners. If you can not find liners, spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray and place a small circle of parchment paper on the bottom.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat until fully combined.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk in 1/2 cup amounts, making sure it is well combined. Make sure that you finish with the flour mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin, about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheat oven for 20-25 minutes until brown and a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- To make the red icing, place 3/4 of the icing in a bowl and add a few drops of the red food coloring. Repeat until you get a nice red color.
- To make the green icing, place the remaining icing in a bowl and add a few drops of the red food coloring. Repeat until you get a nice green color.
- To assemble, spread the top of the cupcake with the red icing.
- Place the green icing into a pastry bag with a small round tip. Pipe a ring around the red to look like the watermelon rind.
- Sprinkle with some miniature chocolate chips to look like seeds.
Tell us what you think!