Turkey Meatball and Ziti Casserole
Turkey Meatball and Ziti Casserole is yummy, make-ahead, and freezer-friendly! Perfect for busy weeknight dinners. - Tara
- 1 package lean ground turkey (about 1.3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) box ziti
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large temp-tations® bowl, combine turkey, onion, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper; mix until well combined.
- Add oil to a 4-quart temp-tations® baker. Form the meat mixture into ball shapes, using a tablespoon measure. Add the meatballs to the oiled baker. (There should be 36 meatballs.) Transfer baker to the oven, and bake for 15 minutes or until just cooked through. (At this point, meatballs can be cooled and frozen for up to one month. Freeze in a single layer for 1 hour, and then transfer to a Ziploc bag to save space. When you’re ready to make casserole, simply defrost meatballs and proceed with recipe.)
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Once meatballs are finished cooking, drain off any liquid. Add the pasta, sauce and half of the cheese to the baker. Stir until well combined with the meatballs. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, cover with foil or a temp-tations Lid-it®, and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes.