- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- Place diced tomatoes, beef bouillon cubes, sugar, salt, onion powder, bay leaf, basil and white pepper in a pot. Cook over high heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Pour mixture through a mesh sieve and set aside.
- In large saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes
- Reduce heat to low and carefully stir in tomato mixture until smooth and heated through.
- Pour into your 3.5 quart temp-tations® soup tureen. Keep covered until ready to serve.