Texas Style Chocolate Chilli
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers
- 12 ounces pale ale beer
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Slice jalapenos in half length-wise and remove seeds. Coarsely chop and place in a food processor along with beer, coffee and green chilies. Pulse until smooth.
- Place olive oil in your 3.5 quart temp-tations® stove top baker over high heat. Sprinkle stew meat with salt and pepper. carefully add to your baker and cook just until the outside is brown. Scoop out into a separate bowl and set aside. Leave 1/4 cup of beef juice in the pot. Discard the rest.
- Add onions, garlic, coriander, cumin and cinnamon to your stove top baker. Cover and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add the meat bak into the pot along with the beer mixture and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in chocolate. Cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese if desired.