temp-tations® Deviled Eggs
This dish is a spicy twist on the traditional classic. The Dijon mustard and cayenne give it a nice kick that will delight your taste buds. My friend Jenn brought these to a family potluck, and they disappeared within minutes. - Tara
- 6 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring eggs to a boil over high heat; boil 1 minute. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain eggs and run under cold water until completely cool to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne pepper, and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste; stir to combine.
- Peel and slice eggs in half lengthwise, reserving whites and yolks. Place white halves cut side up in a temp-tations® 10-inch egg platter. Gently crumble egg yolks into mayonnaise mixture. Stir to combine.
- Dollop deviled egg mixture into egg white halves to fill by 1/2 inch.