Sweet Snowmen Cupcakes
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 to 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- coarse sugar
- semisweet chocolate chips
- miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- orange candy slices
- chocolate wafers
- additional vanilla frosting
- Line the cups of four temp-tations® 6 cup muffin pans with paper liners. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Generously spread frosting over cooled cupcakes as desired. Dip the top of each cupcake in coarse sugar; gently shake off excess sugar.
- Add chips and mini chips to each cupcake to form eyes and mouth. Cut a small piece of an orange candy slice to form the nose.
- For the hat, microwave chocolate wafers for a few seconds to slightly soften as needed. Use a serrated knife to cut two narrow strips from opposite sides of each wafer. (Large center piece will form crown of hat; one strip will form the brim. Stick brim of hat, rounded side up, into top of cupcake; insert hat crown into the top edge. Secure with additional frosting.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!