Stuffed Pizza Spirals
My Grandma Frances always had her priorities straight. Her legendary stuffed pizza spirals first, and a change of muddy soccer clothes second! This recipe makes eighteen spirals, and I watched Grandma very carefully to make sure everyone received the same amount. - Tara
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated thin crust pizza dough in a tube
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 slices deli ham (about 3 ounces)
- 12 slices thinly sliced salami (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sauté onion and olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat, until onions are translucent and browned, 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- On a floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 10-inch by 15-inch rectangle. Layer with mustard, ham, salami, cheddar and reserved onion. Cut dough in half lengthwise and roll each half, crosswise, into a 15-inch long spiral. Cut each spiral into thirds, and then thirds again, to yield 18 spirals.
- Re-roll as needed and place spirals, facing up, in a temp-tations® 2.5-quart dish, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.