Strawberry Fields Salad
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Slice strawberries vertically into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Lay flat on a cutting board and press each one with your mini heart-shaped cookie cutter. Set aside the hearts and discard the extra pieces.
- In a temp-tations® 3.5 quart serving bowl, combine spring mix, feta cheese, toasted pecans and strawberry hearts.
- Place oil, strawberry jam, vinegar, poppy seeds, salt and mustard in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. You can also use a blender for this step.
- Pour desired amount over salad mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette.