Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Though candy of all kinds abounds on Halloween, no party would be complete without a baked treat to mark the occasion. That’s why these cupcakes really hit the spot!
- 1 (16.5-ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup raisins
- 12 paper cupcake liners
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 stick butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large temp-tations® bowl, combine the cake mix and pumpkin puree, and stir until well combined. Add the shredded carrots and raisins and combine all.
- Line two temp-tations® 6-cup muffin pans with liners, and divide the batter among the cupcake liners. Bake until set, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and butter until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired.