Southern Tomato Gravy
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon bacon grease
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Biscuits or pasta for serving
- Place one tablespoon of butter and all of the bacon grease in a frying pan over medium heat. When the butter is melted add in the minced shallot and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon of salt and the flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in diced tomatoes and mix well. Use a potato masher to crush the mixture so that it’s only slightly lumpy. Continue cooking until mixture boils.
- Stir in cream and brown sugar. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and tablespoon of butter. Remove from heat and stir until melted. Pour into your temp-tations® gravy boat and serve hot over biscuits or pasta.