Smoky Tortilla Chips with Pumpkin Hummus
Whether you’re inviting friends and neighbors over for a Halloween get-together, or just want something fun to serve hungry ghosts and goblins, Smoky Tortilla Chips with Pumpkin Hummus is a yummy snack that won’t scare anyone away ;)
Smoky Tortilla Chips:
- 8 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika or chili powder
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup pureed pumpkin
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, or 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 whole pitted black olives, for “spider” garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut out pieces of tortilla using 3- to 4-inch Halloween-shaped cookie cutters. Arrange cutouts in a single layer on temp-tations® Lid-Its® or baking sheets. Use a pastry brush to paint oil on each cutout. Mix salt, pepper and paprika in a small temp-tations® bowl and sprinkle on the cutouts. Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Place hummus ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Transfer the hummus to a temp-tations® 1-quart bowl or dish and serve alongside the Halloween chips on a temp-tations® platter or Lid-It®.