Sharp Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp orange cheddar
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan heat butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, ground mustard and pepper until blended. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine both cheeses. Layer a third of the potatoes, a third of the onions and ¾ cup of the cheese mixture in a temp-tations 4-quart baker. Repeat layering two more times.
- Pour remaining sauce all over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the top is lightly browned. Serve hot.