Savory Turkey Potpies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.4 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- additionall fresh parsley or thyme leaves, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, sauté onion until tender. In a small bowl, whisk flour and stock until smooth; gradually stir into Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Add turkey, peas and carrots, potatoes, parsley, thyme and pepper; stir gently.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Divide turkey mixture among eight temp-tations® 10 ounce EZ Hold™ bakers. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Cut out squares to fit tops of bakers. Gently press parsley into pastry if desired. Place pastry over turkey mixture. Beat egg and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place EZ Hold™ bakers on a baking sheet. Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until pastry crusts are golden brown.