Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta
I love this recipe because it takes a classic appetizer and elevates it to the next level of flavor. The roasted red peppers give it a richness that all of your guests are sure to love! It’s delicious served on toasted bread or even over pasta. Enjoy! - Tara
- 5 large red peppers
- 2 cups seeded and chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsely
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice red peppers into 1/4-inch strips and toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Place on two temp-tations® Lid-Its and bake for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine all remaining bruschetta ingredients.
- Remove roasted red peppers from oven and carefully chop into small pieces. Add to mixing bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. *Note: You can make this part a day ahead of time. When you’re ready to serve, simply drain off the excess liquid.
- Turn oven to broil. Slice bread into 1/2 inch pieces. Place on Lid-Its and brush with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with parsley and sea salt. Broil 4-5 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
- To serve, place the toasted baguette slices in your large 32-oz. square melamine bowl and the bruschetta in your small 28-oz. square melamine bowl. Set out on your table and watch it disappear!