Ricotta Toasts with Honey, Strawberries & Basil
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 (1/2-inch) baguette slices, toasted
- 8 ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Place ricotta, lemon zest and a little bit of salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Mix well. Spread a generous amount on top of each piece of toast.
- Lay a few pieces of sliced strawberries on top of the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil leaves and then drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.