Red, White & Blue Whoopie Pies
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- red and blue food coloring
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend until smooth.
- Add in egg, vanilla and milk and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add a few drops of red food coloring and stir until a bright red color has been achieved.
- Add blue food coloring to the other bowl and stir until a dark blue has been achieved.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop the batter onto your temp-tations® Lid-It®. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes or until one springs back when touched.
- Cool completely, remove from Lid-It® and spread two tablespoons of frosting onto the flat side of each red cookie. Top with blue cookies and serve.
Tell us what you think!