Red, White & Blue Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- red and blue food coloring
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- paprika, optional
- Remove shells from hard boiled eggs. Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks. Place yolks in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In two separate bowls pour 2 cups of hot water and 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Stir a few drops of red food coloring in one bowl and a few drops of blue in the other until you reach the desired color.
- Carefully place half of the sliced eggs in the red bowl and the other half in the blue bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes to absorb color. Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels to dry.
- For the filling, add the mayonnaise, relish, dry mustard and salt to the egg yolks. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Lay your dyed eggs on a temp-tations® egg platter. Pipe or spoon filling into each one. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.