Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
What could be a truer treat than Red Velvet Whoopie Pies? These little goodies are just so fun, festive and yummy - and believe it or not, incredibly fast and easy to make. - Tara
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (1-pound) box confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Follow the instructions on the cake mix box for making cookies. For consistently sized cookies, use a 1.5-inch small ice cream scooper when placing batter on a baking sheet or on a temp-tations® Lid-It®. Bake at the temperature noted on the box.
- To make sandwich filling, use a mixer to cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, and mix until smooth.
- To assemble, spoon a small amount of sandwich filling on the flat side of one cookie. Take the flat side of another cookie and press together.
- Decorate each whoopie pie by rolling edges in sprinkles or colored sugar crystals. Makes about 12 whoopie pies.