Red Velvet Cupcakes
These luscious Red Velvet Cupcakes are little personalized versions of the classic cake! What a wonderful dessert for celebrating a birthday, anniversary, 4th of July, or any special occasion. - Tara
- 12 paper cupcake liners
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Frosting and Almond Flowers:
- 1 (8-ounce) package regular cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- sliced almonds
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line temp-tations® 6-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, food coloring, buttermilk, vinegar and vanilla until combined. Add buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until smooth. Do not overmix.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway full and bake until set, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 minutes. Remove cupcakes to a cooling rack and bake remaining cupcakes, repeating with cupcake liners and remaining batter.
- To make the frosting: in a large bowl, with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
- To make the almond flowers, simply insert the narrower end of 7-8 almond slices into the frosting, in a circular pattern on top of each cupcake. Then gently add a raspberry in the center of each.