Raspberry-Nilla Cheesecake Cupcakes
This was my first attempt at cheesecake, and they were wonderful. I brought them to a party, and everyone thought that I had baked all day, but it took me less than an hour! - Tara
- 6 vanilla wafters
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup white chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 6 frozen whole raspberries, defrosted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line muffin pan with six paper baking cups. Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each one.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add the 1/3 cup sugar and mix until combined. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and sour cream and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix white chocolate and raspberry jam.
- Fill each baking cup with 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the white chocolate mixture in the center of each baking cup, and then top each with another spoon of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Whip 1 cup heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar, and pipe it on top of the cooled cheesecake. Top each with a raspberry and lemon zest.