Pecan Chocolate Pie Bars
I'm from upstate New York and have been told by my southern friends that these bars are exactly what pecan bars should be. They asked ME for the recipe! Pecan pie is always a favorite with my family, and since I am a big fan of portion control, I love these individual bars. - Tara
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened, plus 2 tablespoons, melted separately
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest (from half an orange)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a temp-tations® 3.5-quart dish with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom and ends of the dish with parchment paper and spray again.
- With a hand mixer on medium speed or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the 1 1/2 sticks butter, flour, light brown sugar and salt until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer mixture to the prepared dish and press firmly into bottom of dish.
- Bake until firm to the touch and lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 tablespoons of melted butter, eggs, yolk, corn syrup, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, chocolate chips, pecans and orange zest until combined.
- Pour topping onto slightly cooled crust and bake until set and bubbling over, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing and serving. Serves 24.