Orzo Pasta Salad
When it’s so hot that you just can’t handle the thought of turning on your oven, turn to this fresh and easy Orzo Pasta Salad for great flavor without the fuss. - Tara
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups halved red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 5 ounces crumbled tomato & basil-flavored feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the orzo and cook according to package directions. Drain in a colander and let cool.
- Once orzo is cool, transfer to a large temp-tations® bowl and add the cherry tomatoes, almonds, green onions, red onion, basil, mint and feta.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and combine all. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, and serve on a temp-tations® platter. Serves 6-8.