- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 sticks butter, soft
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 colors food coloring
- 1/4 cup candy eyes
- Line your temp-tations muffin pan with colorful foil cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
- Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake according to box instructions. You may need to bake these in several batches.
- Set aside to cool completely before adding frosting.
- For the frosting, place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Add in powdered sugar and half of the cream. Blend on low until the sugar is fully incorporated then increase the speed to high for 1 minute, adding more cream as necessary to get a smooth, but thick consistency. Add in more cream if needed.
- Separate the frosting into 4 bowls. Dye each bowl a different color.
- Pipe frosting in a swirl pattern onto the tops of the cooled cupcakes using a piping bag and large round tip.
- Sprinkle candy eyes around the tops and sides.
Tell us what you think!